Illustration: Maura Losch/Axios
It’s time to start Making plans for where you’ll be when the ball drops on New Year’s Eve.
- If you want a seat at one of the best parties or dinners in the Triangle to ring in the new year, choose one of the great options and get your ticket soon, before they sell out.
Raleigh New Year’s Eve Parties
First Night in Raleigh is the city’s annual annual celebration in the center with the iconic acorn drop.
- The celebration runs from 2pm to midnight and will include musical performances, a ferris wheel, a silent disco and children’s story time.
- Advance tickets are $12 and children 5 and under are free.
WillardOne of the best rooftop bars in Raleigh, with live music by Peter Lamb & The Wolves and a Champagne toast at midnight.
- The party is from 8pm to 1am and tickets are $155 per person.
Transfer Co. Ballroom Eddie is hosting a party with soul artist 9V. Tickets start at $45.
glassGlenwood South Mediterranean Restaurant will celebrate with music by DJ Wayne Draper.
- It starts at 10:00 pm and tickets are $40 per person.
City Club Raleigh is hosting a party with one of the best views in town.
- Tickets for drinks, dinner or group packages from $190. There will be free prosecco.
Boxcar Bar and Arcade They’re going to throw a New Year’s Eve party in Raleigh without a cover.
NC Museum of Natural Sciences It will host a New Year’s Eve gala this year, with four floors of food, entertainment and bars.
- The theme of this year’s gala is the 1980s.
- Tickets are $200.
Gatsby’s House New Years Eve brings a 1920s party to the Sheraton Hotel in downtown Raleigh.
- Tickets start at $109 and the party includes four DJs and several bars.
Durham New Year’s Eve Parties
Alley Twenty Six Durham will serve a five-course NYE meal.
- It will be $120 per person and includes cured duck prosciutto and ricotta gnocchi. Reservations will start at 16:00 and end at 22:45.
Boxcar Bar and Arcade In Durham, there will also be an open-air New Year’s party.
The Durham Hotel A special New Year’s Eve meal will include four courses. The dinner will be from 4:00 pm to 10:15 pm and costs $110 per person.
- The rooftop of the hotel will be one of Durham’s busiest bars at midnight.
The Unscripted Hotel Durham’s speakeasy is hosting a themed party on its deck, complete with heavy hors d’oeuvres, a Champagne toast and a DJ.
- Tickets are $50 and the show runs from 9pm to 1am.
New Year’s Day Hangover Cures
The Durham Hotel They will have a New Year’s Day lunch from 10:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., with shakshuka and breakfast burritos.
Brookside Bodega It will help you take care of that post-NYE hangover on New Year’s Day.
- Brunch starts at 10:00 and ends at 15:00. Menu items include smothered chicken biscuits and a chicken and waffles platter.
Or instead of recovering from drinking, just… carry on.
Flying Saucer in Raleigh It will serve lunch from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. with $5 mimosas and bloody mary’s.
Tell us which party you’re looking forward to (and guess which one we’ll be going to the most).