Celebrate the Jewish holiday of Hanukkah at celebrations and events around Greater Houston from Wednesday, December 13th through the 21st, 2022.
Load up on chocolate jelly (coins), latkes and other holiday favorites as you light the Menorah and enjoy music, live entertainment, crafts and other activities this 2022 Chanukah in Houston.
This year, Hanukkah begins on Sunday, December 18 and ends on Monday, December 26, 2022. In between, you will find many opportunities to enjoy the Festival of Lights during December.
2022 Hanukkah Events in Greater Houston
- Girls Night Out at the Shul of Bellaire | December 13, Tuesday – Bellaire Jewish Women’s Circle is hosting a night of martinis and making your own granite menorah to celebrate the season. This is the second of 7 programs designed to help women master themselves. $25 at 19:00
- Presents Storybook Theatre I have a small dreidel at Woodlands Children’s Museum | December 16, Friday – Maxie Baum’s story comes to life in this presentation based on the classic Hanukkah song of the same name that highlights the family celebrations and traditions of the holiday. $7.50 for ages 1 and up. at 11:00
- Holiday Story Time at Brazos Bookstore | December 17, Saturday | No cover – Brazos’ children’s specialist will read two Hanukkah-themed books; The Hanukkah Hamster Michelle Markel and The Eight Kings of Hanukkah Author: Leslie Kimmelman. Participation is free, and it will be possible to purchase both titles. at 10:30
- Bellaire Chanukah Festival on the Bellaire Town Square | December 18, Sunday – Crafts and activities highlight this celebration, which also includes a delicious milkshake dinner buffet, Pardes Rock Band, face painting, inflatables, latkes and donuts. $10; $8 for children (no age specified). at 16:00
- Giant menorah lighting in Sugar Land Town Square | December 18, Sunday | FREE – It will be fun for the whole family with children’s craft activities, bounce houses, food, music, dancing and more, ending with the lighting of a giant menorah. From 16:00 to 18:00.
- Chanukah in the snow Uptown | December 18, Sunday | FREE – Light the Post Oak menorah as 10,000 pounds of snow await, and enjoy Chanukah crafts, donuts, latkes, drinks, and a prize-winning dreidel wheel. at 16:30
- Chanukah celebration and pop-up shop at the Cypress Center for Jewish Life | December 18, Sunday | FREE – Expect a spectacular fire display, latkes and donuts, the lighting of a nine-foot menorah, a holiday shop for all your gifting needs and more at this celebration in Cypress. from 16:30 to 17:30.
- Grand Menorah lighting on Market Street | December 18, Sunday | FREE – The Woodlands marks the first night of Hanukkah with the lighting of a 9-foot menorah, arts and crafts, a concert by Israeli performer Yoel Sharabi and more family fun. from 16:30 to 18:30.
- 27th Annual Menorah Lighting at Houston City Hall | December 18, Sunday | FREE – The city celebrates the first night of the Festival of Lights with this celebration that includes dreidels, Chanukah gelt, children’s gifts and more. Chabad Outreach Houston will also return with the 20th Annual Menorah Parade, a menorah lighting from Meyerland to City Hall. From 17:15 to 19:00.
- Chabad of the Bay Area presents ChanukahFest at Lago Mar | December 19, Monday | FREE – Texas City’s Crystal Lagoon resort includes a cocktail bar, kosher hot dog stand, traditional hot latkes and chocolate jelly, live music and menorah lighting on the second night of Hanukkah. at 18:00
- Chabad Outreach of Houston presents Hoops & Hanukkah at the Toyota Center | December 19, Monday – Only 200 tickets will be sold for this special event where you can catch the Rockets hosting the San Antonio Spurs in a VIP suite with dinner and drinks available for purchase. Followed by a post-game free throw on the court. $60. at 19:00
- Katy Chanukah Concert and Menorah Lighting at Central Green at LaCenterra | December 19, Monday | FREE – Bring the family along with blankets and chairs for a live performance by Yoel Sharabi and the lighting of the menorah on the second night of Chanukah. at 18:00
- 13th Chanukah Extravaganza Blockbuster Party at Evelyn Park | December 20, Tuesday – The Bellaire Jewish Center kicks off its 13th annual Chanukah Extravaganza with a party at Evelyn’s Park, featuring a community menorah lighting, crafts, inflatable bounce houses and obstacle courses, circus performers, all-you-can-eat Chinese food, a latke bar DJ music, and more. Advance tickets are $15; $12 for children (no age specified); $49.99 maximum cost per family. 4:44 p.m.
- Giant menorah lighting at CityCentre | December 20, Tuesday | FREE – Join Chabad of West Houston for a menorah lighting on the third night of Chanukah, and enjoy donuts, children’s crafts and live entertainment. at 18:00
- Family Menorah Lighting at Godwin Park | December 21, Wednesday | FREE – In the Meyerland area, this family-friendly event features Chanukah crafts, face painting, jelly donuts, book readings and more, marking the fourth night of Chanukah. at 16:00