Drew McIntyre will miss his planned post-Christmas return to WWE Live Events | Jobs Reply


Drew McIntyre is not medically cleared to return to the WWE ring next week.

As we reported, McIntyre reportedly suffered a ruptured eardrum in the main event of War Games at WWE Survivor Series. He continued wrestling after Survivor Series when he competed in an eight-man match at a live event in Portland, Maine on November 27, defeating The Bloodline with The Brawling Brutes. He then announced earlier this month that he was “medically disqualified” and unable to team with Sheamus to take on WWE Tag Team Champions The Usos on the December 9 episode of SmackDown.

In an update, a new report from PWInsider says that McIntyre will not be allowed to return to the ring in time for Monday’s WWE live event from Madison Square Garden in New York. McIntyre was scheduled to team with Kevin Owens, Sheamus and Braun Strowman to face The Bloodline in eight-man tag team action, but the main event at MSG has been switched to Owens and Strowman taking on WWE Tag Team Champions The Usos.

Up until earlier today, McIntyre was expected to return to the ring at the post-Christmas live events on the SmackDown brand. As of today, McIntyre will not appear at all during next week’s live events.

McIntyre is said to be recovering from his “minor injury” and will not be able to return until cleared by WWE doctors.

You can click here for what McIntyre said about his return “very, very soon” on WWE’s The Bump, also looking ahead to the WrestleMania 39 season.

Stay tuned WrestlingHeadlines.com for more

Follow Marc on Twitter @hau_da_marc. Submit any news, tips or corrections by clicking here.





Source link