Known for its value for money, Samsung’s Galaxy A series offers users smartphones with decent features but at a more affordable price point compared to their Galaxy S and Z flagships.
As affordable as the Galaxy A series is, we’re sure there are plenty of customers who bought the phone through a contract carrier. This makes it easier to buy the phone since there is less money up front. The downside of buying through a carrier also means that the phone’s SIM card is tied to that carrier.
If you find yourself in this position with the Samsung Galaxy A23 5G, you are in luck because below we show you two methods to unlock your phone’s SIM card for free, or if that does not work, there are paid third-party services, who can get the job done.
Free unblocking via your mobile operator
Unlocking Galaxy A23 5G SIM card for free is obviously the ideal method. In general, carriers are happy to do this for customers, but there are some requirements you may need to meet. Note that these requirements may vary from carrier to carrier, but generally:
- You must be in good standing with your carrier, which means you have no outstanding bills and the phone is out of contract with your carrier
- You must also ensure that you have owned the device for at least 60-90 days
Provided you meet these requirements, unlocking the SIM card is pretty easy. Just follow the steps below:
- On your Samsung Galaxy A23 5G handset, launch the Phone app and dial *#06# to get your phone’s IMEI number
- Write down the IMEI number somewhere for future reference
- Call your mobile operator and request your SIM unlock code
- You will probably be asked to provide the IMEI for the Samsung Galaxy A23 5G
- If you meet all the above requirements, the SIM unlock code will be sent to the email address you provided in the next 2-5 days.
- Once you have received your code, swap the SIM card for a SIM card from another provider
- Enter the SIM Unlock Code you received in your email when prompted and you’re all set!
Using Android SIM Unlock
Given how new the Galaxy A23 5G is as of this writing, there’s a good chance you might still be locked into a contract with your carrier and they might not want to unlock the phone for you. The good news is that if they can’t unlock it for you, you can try Android SIM Unlock’s services.
For a small fee, the service can unlock your phone’s SIM card in a similarly quick and painless manner. Android SIM Unlock works for a number of other phones too, so it might be worth checking out if you have other phones that need unlocking as well.
- On your Samsung Galaxy A23 5G phone, launch the Phone app and dial *#06# to get the device’s IMEI number
- Make a note of the IMEI number
- Go to the Android SIM Unlock website
- Enter your device’s IMEI number
- Complete the ordering process with your payment and contact information
- Once the payment is made, you should receive the Samsung Galaxy A23 5G unlock code either by SMS or email
- Once you have received your code, you can exchange your phone’s SIM card for a SIM card from another provider
- You should be prompted to enter the SIM Unlock Code you received in your email and once you’ve done that you should be good to go
Once the Samsung Galaxy A23 5G SIM card is unlocked, you can use it with other compatible carriers, whether national or international. Remember that unlocking your SIM card does not release you from your contract with your mobile operator. You need to keep making monthly repayments and make sure your bills are paid on time.
Note: This article may contain affiliate links to help support our writers and keep the Phandroid servers running.