A Primo Hoagies location is coming to the popular commercial area of Egg Harbor Road in Washington Township, specifically in the ShopRite Shopping Center.
Sometimes I have to do some serious research and interviews, and sometimes I’m just running to ShopRite to get potatoes for that night’s steak dinner and I see a “Coming Soon” banner in the front of the store! ha!
Primo Hoagies is a widely known hoagie and cheesesteak place with close to 100 locations in the USA, but it started 30 years ago in South Philadelphia. The original founding family lives in Sewell NJ!
A competing Jersey Mike’s location is also planned for this location in the Acme shopping center. We reported on them back in October and at the moment we don’t have much information about its opening. Liscio’s is located directly across the street from this upcoming Primo Hoagies.
Read on to find out more from Primo and their upcoming Washington Township location!
Primo Hoagies – Washington Township
As mentioned the new Primo Hoagies is coming to Egg Harbor Road, in the ShopRite Shopping Center.
Colorful “Coming soon” signs are above the windows announcing the new store (and cleverly concealing construction work ahead of the opening).
The area at Mill Pond Shopping Center (Egg Harbor Rd and Greentree) is between the Hair Cuttery and La Modal Nails… a few shops to the left of the main area.
Nearby they have locations in Runnemede NJ and Cross Keys Rd.
Primo is a sandwich shop first and foremost, featuring cold hoagies and hot cheesesteaks and chicken cutlet sandwiches.
Their menu is divided into categories, and they offer a variety of Primo to classics
- Italian: A variety of Italian hoagies that offer a variety of sharp provolone, as well as “Old Italian” dry-cured capicola, sharp provolone and prosciutto
- Deli Classics: Ham & Cheese, Roast Beef & Cheese, Turkey & Cheese and more!
- Diablos: Different from Primo’s the Diablos add some heat to your sandwich favorites by adding hot chili cheese and a spicy blend of spices.
- Schwartzies: Primo’s version of the “specials”, adding cole slaw and Russian dressing. Try one with Corned Beef, Roast Beef or Turkey!
- Philly Cheesesteaks: top contenders loaded with meat and your choice of cheese!
- Primo Cutlets come in a variety of flavors including Bada Bing (sharp provolone and broccoli rabe), Bada Boom (sharp provolone and long hots), Chicken parm, buffalo chicken and more!
- Specialty hoagies include tuna, meatballs, a variety of Primo’s only sandwiches, and veggies!
Delicious sides and desserts round out the menu!
And they serve food!
Primo Hoagies – South Philly to Sewell
Although most locations are in the Delaware Valley area, they are poised for long-term growth with stores in Pittsburgh, Denver, Houston, New Orleans, the Carolinas and several Florida cities.
A solid foundation for stores to continue expanding their franchise!
Earlier this year the Philadelphia Inquirer featured Primo Hoagies and the family behind the deli, Richie and Coleen Neigre.
Richie started the deli in 1992 in South Philadelphia. In 1996 they opened a second, new location in Center City.
In 1999 they had 4 locations and in 2001 the business was doing so well they started trading!
Their business is in the family and daughters Colette and Audrey run various shops in the region.
Soon many others in the family joined the business. Husbands, nephews, uncles and more!
Sadly the reason for the Inquirer’s wonderful feature piece on Family and Primo Hoagies is that founder and Patriarch Richie Neigre passed away in May of this year.
“My husband was committed to making quality things, bread, and making different things that you’ve never had before,” said Coleen. “He would make concoctions and we would taste them and say, ‘Does this look good together?’ Like he makes sandwiches that people have never heard of.”
Coleen Neigre to her husband Richie
Links and Locations
Primo Hoagies Sewell (Coming soon)
380 Egg Harbor Road
Sewell NJ, 08080