MINT HILL, NC – It’s mid-December, and there’s still shopping to be done. No need to fight the traffic and crowds at big box stores – there are plenty of gift-worthy options available here at Mint Hill. Here are ten ideas for doing your last minute shopping locally, and most of them will set you back less than $20!
Did you know that Mint Hill Arts has a gift shop? Stop by during gallery hours (12:00 pm – 3:00 pm Wednesday – Friday) for original art from all speakers, and handmade jewelry including drop painting necklaces and earrings, journals and cards.
- Soothe the Soles is more than just a foot soak and reflexology experience. Shop one of their hand-crafted men’s products for women, children or pets. Especially popular are Harrison’s Vitality Ginger facial products for women, and Vitality Ginger lip balms, lotion bars, salt mixes and hand-blended teas make great stocking stuffers!
You don’t need to be independent to shop for your four-legged friends. Step into Woof ‘n Hoof and grab your furry friend some unique pet treats or toys.
- Treat the coffee lover in your life while sipping on a peppermint mocha from Mint Hill Coffee & Social House. Coffee gift baskets or their unique whiskey infused coffee beans make great gifts. Don’t forget to look around – lots of local art on the walls is for sale.
- It’s easy to hit up Amazon for something like board games, but you can find what you need for the same price at your Local Game Store, which has games of all kinds – family games, kids games, party games, one player and two player games, card games, board games, board games tabletop role playing, mini war games, escape room games and much more.
- Christmas themed ornament from Monroe HardwareMonroe Hardware is more than nuts and bolts. In addition to appliances and power tools, they offer soaps that come with crocheted hand towels, dish towels, oven mitts, ornaments, table decorations, travel mugs, t-shirts, and other apparel such as baseball caps and socks.
- With 50 unique boutiques under one roof, Homestyles Gallery is the perfect local stop for last minute shopping. Inside, you’ll find everything from high fashion to home furnishings.
- The Carolina Hemp Company offers a complete line of CBD and hemp products. In addition to subliminal oils, they also offer a variety of small gifts under $20 such as bath bombs, mugs, tea, gum, chocolate and hot sauce.
Sunflower Club is more than coffee and waffles! Custom shirts, handmade earrings and other jewelry, hand poured candles, essential oil jewelry, crocheted items, tree decorations, coffee and mugs, original local art, hand sewn gifts – you can find it all at Sunflower Club. Except for the original paintings, everything in the store is under $20.
- Can’t decide what to buy? Consider a gift card to one of Mint Hill’s many locally owned and operated restaurants. Treat that special someone to a long night in the kitchen with a gift card to Vintner’s Hill or Wayback Burgers, or gift them with a gift card to Mama K’s Kettle Corn or Mint Hill Coffee & Social House. Small gift cards make great stocking stuffers and teacher gifts, too!