Verizon has been a big name in the wireless network for ages, although recently many smaller and more affordable companies have popped up and become more attractive. To show customers what they’re missing, Verizon is launching a new Test Drive program that lets you try 5G for free.
Generally, as often as you hear about 5G, the Verizon name is right there, and with good reason. Verizon has one of the most expensive networks, 5G, offering countless users faster service wherever they live. Of course, there are different forms of 5G, some of which are better in certain situations, like C-band and its indoor signal strength. Of these, it’s also worth noting that some Google Pixel phones only support one form of 5G, depending on the model and carrier.
Related: Here’s what C-band 5G is and which Android phones can use it
To further push the 5G standard, Verizon is running a new program called “Test Drive” that will allow users to test their coverage for an entire month without paying anything. While we’ve heard of trial periods before, this one has a unique twist. Verizon uses the eSIM standard and makes the trial period effortless.
To get started with Verizon’s Test Drive, users just need to scan a QR code and use the app. From there, they can easily run on Verizon’s network. Of course, with an eSIM installed alongside your physical or main eSIM, you can choose which card is used for the network and which is used for calling and texting.
How to test Verizon’s 5G network for free
Signing up is pretty easy with Verizon’s method of effectively lending you an eSIM. You can keep your current SIM card, physical or not, and use your current phone number while using Verizon’s 5G data where available.
- Go to verizon.com/support/verizon-test-drive-faqs.
- Scan the QR code.
- Note: If you’re using a Pixel or Android 12/13 device, you can scan the QR code, open it in Google Photos, and tap the Google Lens button. From there you can access the QR code link.
- blow Download the My Verizon app and install it.
- open that My Verizon app and tap Try it for free.
- Note: You must ensure that location services are enabled for the app. When the app is open, swipe up to go to the recent apps page. From there, long-tap on the app icon and press app information. Find and meet Permissions and enable location.
- If your device is eligible, you can sign in or create an account.
- Beat Getting started and enter your details.
Submitting your details for the test run will likely give Verizon an opportunity to market you in the future, so be aware of that. Also note that if you’re currently on Visible, you won’t be able to sign in since you’re already using Verizon’s network to some extent.
If you’re really interested in trying out Verizon’s 5G network, Test Drive is a good opportunity to try it out for a month. Be sure to check your SIM page in your settings to make sure you’re still using your personal number. Otherwise, you would probably miss important calls and OTPs.
More on 5G and eSIM:
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
Visit 9to5Google on YouTube for more news: