Dancing Lights of Lansing Ridge, a Spectacular Christmas Light Display
Lansing Ridge’s Dancing Lights, a spectacular Christmas light display set to music by Melbourne resident Tim Freese.
Tim Shortt, Florida Today
Alfie Silva Christmas Special
The show, featuring renowned impressionist Alfie Silva, will be at The Tangiers, 4500 Dixie Highway, Unit 1A, Palm Bay, December 15-24. The performance will be at 20:00 on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays and at 14:00 on Sundays. Tickets start at $41. Call 321-327-8759 or visit thetangiersflorida.com.
‘Who’s on holiday’
The show runs through Dec. 18 on the Shuler Stage at the Titusville Playhouse, 301 Julia Street. The show is a juicy riff on Dr. Seuss’ Christmas story, following a middle-aged Cindy Lou Who as she remembers that famous Christmas Eve. he first met the Grinch. Tickets are $30. Call 321-268-1125 or visit titusvilleplayhouse.com.
Space Coast Light Festival
The holiday event will be held at Fred Poppe Regional Park, 1951 Malabar Road, Palm Bay, every night through January 1st from 6:30 to 10 p.m. The family-oriented celebration features twinkling lights, animated displays and a 200-foot stage. light tunnel Santa will be available for visits from November 19th to December 24th. The cost ranges from $5 to $50, depending on the type of vehicle and the day of the week. “Walking nights” will be designated on December 30th and 31st, and January 1st, when visitors will be able to walk around the festival. The cost for overnight tours is $5 per person. Private hayrides are available starting at $90. Call 321-458-3515 or visit spacecoastlightfestival.com.
Holiday Market and Snowfest Kidzone
The free, family-friendly event will be held at the Melbourne Auditorium, 625 Hibiscus Blvd., Melbourne on Friday, December 16th from 3:00pm to 9:00pm and Saturday, December 17th from 10:00am to 2:00pm. There will be home crafts. a snow slide and more. Admission to the Kidzone, 5 to 9 p.m., is $5. Call 321-608-7420 or visit facebook.com/events/528718272402308.
LaPorte Farms, 7700 129th In Calle Sebastian, Saturday, December 17, from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., Santa will arrive on horseback at 6:00 p.m. There will be fireside s’mores, pony rides, Christmas lights and much more. Admission is $2. Visit facebook.com/events/409290824739766.
Family Christmas Extravaganza
This free event will be held at Fred Poppe Regional Park, 1951 Malabar Road, Palm Bay on Saturday, December 17 from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. There will be live entertainment, free popcorn, candy, hot dogs and drinks. Free activities include bounce houses, pony rides, face painting, giveaways and more. Visit familychristmasextravaganza.com.
Galmont Ballet ‘The Nutcracker’
Galmont Ballet will present its annual production of “The Nutcracker” at the Cocoa Village Playhouse, 300 Brevard Ave., Cocoa, on Friday, Dec. 16 at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 17 at 2 and 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, December 18 at 2:00 p.m. Tickets start at $35 for adults, $23 for children and $33 for seniors, students and active military. Call 321-636-5050 or visit cocoavillageplayhouse.com.
Holiday bike parade
The parade begins at Riverfront Park, 401 Riveredge Blvd., and winds through the streets of Historic Cocoa Village from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Friday, December 16th. Call 321-631-9075 or visit visitcocoavillage.com.
Jingle Bell 2-Miler
Jingle down DeSoto Parkway and take a spin through the festive lights of Satellite Beach’s Verbenia Court in this annual 2-mile run/walk. It begins at the Satellite Beach Public Library, 751 Jamaica Blvd, at 5:30 p.m., Saturday, December 17. Visit runsignup.com/Race/FL/SatelliteBeach/JingleBell2Miler.
- Satellite Beach Boat Parade: Sponsored by the Banana River Power Squadron, the Satellite Beach Boat Parade will begin at 6 p.m. Saturday, December 17. Participants should meet at the north end of the Satellite Beach Grand Canal and head south. Visit brsps.org.
- Turkey Creek Boat Parade: The 20th annual Turkey Creek Boat Parade will be held on Saturday, December 17th. Decorated boats will meet on the water at 5:30 pm in front of Palm Bay Marina. The parade can be viewed from Castaway Point, Pollack Park, Goode Park, Palm Bay Marina and the AIS Trail lookout. Call 321-536-4175.
Santa Stumble pub crawl
Those 21 and older are invited to dress up as Santa, Mrs. Santa, an elf, the Grinch or other holiday attire in red or green to join the festivities at Cocoa Village on Saturday, December 17th. The event will start at 18:00 at Kakao. before heading to the Elks Lodge, 315 Florida Ave., Murdock’s, George and Dragon, Village Biergarten, Pub Americana and Dog N Bone. Costumes are not required, but there will be a costume contest for those who choose to dress up in holiday attire. Tickets for six drinks are $18 in advance or $25 at the event. Call 321-543-1346 or visit madhatterpromotions.com.
in the Royal Center
The King Center is located at 3865 N. Wickham Road, Melbourne. For tickets and additional information, visit kingcenter.com or call 321-242-2219.
- Sal Valentinetti Christmas Concert: Golden vocalist Sal “The Voice” Valentinetti returns to the King Center on Friday, December 16 at 8:00 p.m. He’ll be performing holiday favorites and well-known standards in the Rat-Pack style that has made his artist so popular. He rose to fame on America’s Got Talent. Tickets from $29.50.
- A Rockapella Christmas: Rockapella brings its internationally acclaimed acapella sound to the King Center on Saturday, December 17 at 7:30pm for a new Christmas show, featuring classics like “Silver Bells,” “Santa Claus Is Coming to Town” and more. Along with their holiday hit “White Christmas”. Tickets from $50.
- A Night to Remember: The Christmas Musical: Heart & Soul Producers’ original musical will be at the King Center on Wednesday, December 21 at 7:30 p.m. The show is a Christmas story with ten original songs. A portion of ticket sales will benefit Semper Fi & America’s Fund and the Wounded Warrior Foundation. Tickets from $44.
Holiday golf cart parade
The Satellite Beach Golf Cart Club will be holding a parade on Wednesday, December 21st. For schedules and details, follow the Satellite Beach Golf Cart Club on Facebook or email satellitebeachGCC@gmail.com.
Snow in love
The Melbourne Community Orchestra will perform a free concert at the Melbourne Auditorium, 625 E. Hibiscus Blvd., at 7:00 pm on December 21st and 22nd. Call 321-285-6724 or visit mcorchestra.org.
‘Life is wonderful’
The classic film will be shown at the Cocoa Village Playhouse, 300 Brevard Ave., Cocoa, on Dec. 22 at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $10. Call 321-636-5050 or visit cocoavillageplayhouse.com.
Santa in the surf
Christmas Eve morning is Santa’s last chance to catch waves before his big midnight sleigh, and hundreds of surfers dressed as Santa take part in this popular annual tradition at the end of Cocoa Beach’s Minuteman Causeway in front of Coconuts. Entry is free for both surfers and spectators. It will start at 8 am on December 24th. Visit surfingsantas.org for event updates.